The electric vehicle (EV) market in India is rapidly growing, with more and more companies joining the race to develop eco-friendly and sustainable transportation options. With so many options to choose from, it can be difficult to determine which companies are worth investing in. That’s why we’ve compiled a comprehensive guide of the top 16 electric vehicle companies in India. From established brands to up-and-coming startups, this guide has everything you need to know to make an informed decision.
Top 16 Electric Vehicle Companies in India:
- Tata Motors: This Indian multinational automotive corporation has been a leader in the Indian EV industry since 2000.
- Mahindra & Mahindra: Known for their electric cars, Mahindra & Mahindra is a leading player in the Indian electric vehicle market.
- Hero Electric: With over 500 dealerships across India, Hero Electric is a popular choice for those looking for affordable and eco-friendly transportation options.
- Bajaj Auto: One of India’s largest two-wheeler manufacturers, Bajaj Auto has made a name for itself in the electric scooter market.
- Ather Energy: This Bangalore-based startup has made waves in the Indian EV industry with its stylish and high-performance electric scooters.
- Okinawa Autotech: Okinawa Autotech is a leading player in the Indian electric two-wheeler market, with a focus on affordability and sustainability.
- Revolt Motors: Founded by Micromax co-founder, Rahul Sharma, Revolt Motors is known for its electric motorcycles with swappable batteries.
- MG Motors: While MG Motors is primarily known for its petrol and diesel vehicles, the company has recently entered the Indian EV market with the MG ZS EV.
- TVS Motors: TVS Motors has been a prominent player in the Indian two-wheeler market for decades and has now entered the EV market with the iQube electric scooter.
- Kinetic Green: Kinetic Green is an Indian electric vehicle manufacturer that specializes in the production of electric three-wheelers and e-rickshaws.
- Lohia Auto: Lohia Auto is an Indian electric vehicle manufacturer that produces a wide range of electric two and three-wheelers.
- Jitendra New EV Tech: This startup from Maharashtra is known for its affordable electric two-wheelers that are perfect for urban commuting.
- PURE EV: PURE EV is a Hyderabad-based startup that specializes in the production of high-performance electric scooters and motorcycles.
- Ultraviolette Automotive: Ultraviolette Automotive is a Bangalore-based startup that is known for its high-performance electric motorcycles.
- EeVe India: EeVe India is a Kolkata-based startup that produces a wide range of affordable and eco-friendly electric scooters.
- Emflux Motors: Emflux Motors is a Bangalore-based startup that is known for its high-performance electric motorcycles that are designed for speed and power.
The Indian electric vehicle market is growing rapidly, and these companies are leading the charge toward a sustainable future. With innovative products and a commitment to clean mobility, these companies are making electric vehicles accessible and affordable for millions of Indians. We hope this blog has provided you with valuable insights into the Indian electric vehicle market and the top players in the industry.
It depends on your needs and preferences. Tata Motors and Mahindra & Mahindra are both established brands that offer a wide range of electric vehicles, while startups like Ather Energy and Revolt Motors offer stylish and high-performance options.
While electric vehicles tend to be more expensive upfront, they are often more affordable in the long run due to lower maintenance costs and fuel savings.