Niacinamide is an antioxidant that you can add to your skincare routine. This potent component is known for fighting blemishes, controlling oils, and brightening the face, but it also helps reduce the appearance of pores and enhance the general texture of the skin.
What is Niacinamide Serum?
Niacinamide is a form of vitamin B, which aids in the prevention of environmental damage caused by UV radiation, free radicals, and other irritants. This serum occurs naturally in the body, also found in foods such as green vegetables, eggs, salmon, beans, and milk.
Though your body produces Niacinamide, supplementing with it will only make your skin appear more radiant and clear. Niacinamide serums are part of the Niacinamide for Personal Care meta trend. Although whole foods containing vitamin B3 are beneficial, the small intestines do not absorb it completely. As a result, applying it to your skin is the best way to maximize its benefits.
How to Use Niacinamide Serum
Niacinamide serum is very easy-to-use and applies to your serum. There are various skin benefits in both oral and topical forms. Applying the serum on your skin is way easier and hustle-free.
Follow the below steps to use Niacinamide serum and get the best results:
- Always wash your face with a mild face wash, not a harsh one.
- Pat dry your face with a soft towel.
- Apply two drops of Niacinamide serum directly to your face.
- Prevent wasting of serum by taking it on your palm and then apply.
- Massage gently on your face until it is fully absorbed.
- After the serum, never forget to apply moisturizer.
- Use everyday morning/night for the best results.
What Can Niacinamide Serum Do to Your Skin?
Niacinamide serum offers a variety of advantages to our skin when applied on your skin and in the right amount. The antioxidants present in niacinamide serum can help you with the issues mentioned below:
- When dark spots and hyperpigmentation happen.
- It helps in reducing acne and breakouts.
- It brightens your skin by removing dullness.
- Control excess oil.
- Help in scarring.
- Tighten your oversized pores.
- Reduce redness.
- Soothe your skin texture.
- Help your skin sensitivity and fine lines.
When to Apply Niacinamide Serum?
Best time to apply Niacinamide Serum is in the morning and evening skincare routines. Niacinamide is known to be gentle for your skin, which you can pair with less gentle ingredients like retinol and Vitamin C.
Niacinamide is compatible with almost all other components (including retinol, vitamin C, AHAs & BHAs, hyaluronic acid, and SPF), so you don’t have to worry about what else you’re using.
Apply leave-on niacinamide products to cleansed skin once or twice daily for optimum effects.
As Niacinamide is present in many different products, when to use it in a routine depends on the product type and consistency.
Minimalist Niacinamide serum is my personal favourite. And when in doubt, look on the back of the bottle or online for more directions. The same goes for how frequently you should apply Niacinamide serum—though most Niacinamide products are fine to use twice a day or one time a day. Always apply Niacinamide serum before heavier creams or oils.
Benefits of Niacinamide Serum
You might not have experienced all the skincare benefits in one single bottle. But Niacinamide serum is a game changer for all skin types. It is like that secret ingredient that our moms add to food and change the taste of the whole dish. Niacinamide is that secret ingredient when it comes to skincare. Let’s read about Niacinamide serum benefits.
- Our skin needs water as our body does. Due to busy lifestyles taking care of our skin is very difficult. Thus Niacinamide serum helps with that because it provides proper hydration to our skin and prevents the loss of natural moisture by reducing the evaporation rate of water from our skin.
- The natural anti-inflammatory properties in Niacinamide serum help in Rosacea and other skin irritation and redness.
- It improves the function of the skin. It reduces acne and helps in removing dark spots. Use it for a few days and see the result yourself.
- There are a lot of products available in the market for skin ageing. But the Niacinamide serum is the only serum that fights against premature skin ageing and helps you with collagen production, skin wrinkles, and fine lines.
- Hyperpigmentation is a problem that everyone these days is concerned about it. But Niacinamide serum is one such product that goes with everything, so to treat hyperpigmentation and skin spots, one can combine it with an anti-pigmentation cream for the skin.
Before We End
Niacinamide is becoming increasingly popular in hair and skincare products. Trending Niacinamide-based personal care items include Niacinamide vitamins and Niacinamide for hair. In addition, most skin care products contain Ascorbic Acid in very stable forms, such as Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate or 3 Glyceryl Ascorbate. Once you’ve found a Niacinamide serum, apply it to your skin, so your skin can benefit from its properties. And the best part is that this substance is compatible with other ingredients. So you can combine it with your daily vitamin C serum or Salicylic acid aqua wash.
Niacinamide Serum FAQs
Niacinamide serum is easy to use and apply. First, clean the face before applying the serum. Now place 2-3 drops of Niacinamide serum and massage it. Cover the entire face.
Yes, you can use niacinamide serum at night and morning also. The ingredient brightens your skin, smoothing skin texture, and reduces inflammation and hyperpigmentation.
Niacinamide Serum comes with instructions. Clean your face thoroughly before applying a serum. Apply 2-3 drops of serum and then massage the entire face.
Read Next Blog: