People around the world change their sustainability patterns. An individual that can work from anywhere using technology and living away from their native country is called a nomad. A digital nomad is one that uses digital equipment to continue working from anywhere. This type of individual can benefit from a digital nomad visa.
What Is A Digital Nomad Visa?
It’s like a tourist visa that lets you stay in a country, but for an extended period of time, i.e., 1 to 5 years. You’ll authorise to work over there. You can work in the country for which you are holding a nomad visa. You can also take dependents with you.
There are multiple life-changing advantages of holding a digital nomad visa such as:
- Choose the country you want to work in from the list of countries
- Visit and live in exotic places and still keep earning
- Meet and network with new people
- Financial freedom
- Enjoy the quality of life and high standard of living
- Thrive in a diverse culture
Major Disadvantages Of Digital Nomad Visa
You may face some issues and challenges while working from diverse countries with your nomad visa that may turn into cons like:
- Potential cultural and language barriers
- Risk of burnout
- Adjustment issues in new countries
What Are The Eligibility Criteria For Digital Nomad Visa?
As you may have noticed, the pros are more than cons and if you can really live the sense of a digital nomad, there are no real cons. They are just adjustments to be made to live a successful career and enjoy time with diverse people, in different countries.
- Your age must be 18+ years
- You must have a remote job
- You must earn a specific monthly income
Which Countries Accept A Nomad Visa?
There are multiple countries such as:
- Costa Rica
- The Czech Republic
Which Countries Are Difficult To Get A Visa?
Here is the list of countries in which it is the hardest to get a visa:
- The USA
- North Korea
- Saudi Arabia
What Is The Application Process For Digital Nomad Visa?
Below is the process to apply for a nomad visa:
- Fill out the application form with all the required details
- Schedule an appointment with a consulate or an embassy of that country
- Complete the paperwork
- Submit your application with the required paperwork
What Are The Documents Required For A Nomad Visa?
Depending on the country you are applying to, paperwork can be different. However, commonly required documents for nomad visa application are as below:
- Passport with validity of six months from the application date
- Passport size photos
- Civil documents (You may need to translate them into the local language of the country. You may also need to have certified docs with an Apostille stamp)
- Typically, it is valid for one to two years.
- However, depending on the qualifying criteria, you can extend the visa for five years.
How Much Does A Digital Nomad Visa Process Cost?
- The overall fee related to the application and completion of the nomad visa process may vary from country to country.
- Generally, the total cost ranges from 200 USD to 2000 USD.
- Countries like Georgia have zero application fees for applicants to attract them.
- On the other hand, countries like Antigua, Bermuda, etc. have the highest fee up to 3000 USD.
What Type Of Work Can You Do?
In an ideal scenario, you are free to do any kind of work that is allowed to be pursued remotely and does not interfere with the legislation of the country you live in.
Here is the list of renowned job types that digital nomad visa holders pursue:
- Coders or developers
- Technical support engineers
- Content writers and copywriters
- Digital marketing experts
- Digital entrepreneurs
- Graphics designer
- Virtual assistant
- Any job that can be done remotely using technology
Times change now and work from home/remote working culture is trending worldwide. Company changing their way of working and allowing their employee to work remotely. However, the digital nomad is expected to rise because of work from home culture.
Read Next Blog: