We are living in a world, in which the population is growing too fast, and the limitation of resources is also increasing. The multiple factors related to the shortage of resources including food and other issues that contribute to the increasing scarcity of food like wastage of food, overcrowding, global warming affecting agriculture and food quality, and many more need to be addressed. Sustainable pet food brands directly address this issue of food scarcity for pets.
What is Sustainable Pet Food?
Sustainable pet food brands have created a philosophy that concentrates on resolving the food scarcity issue for pet foods by adopting several approaches. The brands produce sustainable pet foods for dogs and cats that consist of nutritious ingredients. Sustainable pet food is produced without any animal slaughtering. The kitchen leftovers can also be transformed into healthy pet food by the top sustainable pet food brands.
Sustainable food provides a healthy diet to your furry family member without taking a toll on the environment in any way. It also doesn’t have any bad impact on the health of your cat.
Things You Should Look for While Buying Sustainable Cat Food
Sustainable cat food is made up of the top sustainable pet food brands and they meticulously produce balanced food by keeping various quality aspects and other elements into consideration. Even when you go to buy sustainable cat food, you must check for the following things:
1. List of ingredients
- All packs of sustainable cat food will have a list of ingredients.
- You must look for the list of ingredients to ensure the pet food is made of natural ingredients and no chemical is used in its making.
2. Source of sustainable cat food ingredients:
- Along with the list of ingredients, you should also ensure the source of ingredients is local agriculture and farms instead of big multinational companies.
3. No pesticides
- Pesticides and animal wastes can be injurious to a green environment.
- The use of chemical-based fertilizer has to be reduced to produce food products, including, sustainable cat food.
4. Pet food processing technique
- You can also research sustainable pet food brands and how they produce some sort of food.
- It is recommended to buy pet food from a company that avoids high emission production as that can contribute to a bad and polluted environment.
5. Cook Healthy Food for Your Cat at Home
- There are some popular sustainable pet food brands, but if you have time, you can also cook sustainable cat food at home.
- You neither need to have hours for cooking cat food nor need to have a special art of cooking.
Recipe to Cook Sustainable Cat Food at Home
- Beef heart/ Ground turkey/ Chicken breast / liver
- In a pot, add some water to boil one to two spoonfuls of any of the ingredients mentioned in the recipe.
- Once it is boiled, the sustainable cat food is ready to serve.
Make a Habit of Buying in Bulk
- Even if you love shopping, it is recommended to make a purchase in bulk, whether it is about buying pet food from the top sustainable pet food brands or buying groceries.
- This will help you reduce your carbon footprint, save on fuel, and save time for yourself and your kitty.
- You will not only contribute to a green environment, but you will always get a chance to take advantage of discounts on bulk buying.
- You will also have enough stock to meet the hunger of your kitty for days, even when you don’t have time to cook for it.
Popular Sustainable Cat Food Brands
You will find a host of options when going for sustainable cat food shopping. However, it is always good to buy from a brand that truly lives up to the phenomenon of sustainable pet food as explained in this article.
To help you buy the best food for your kitten, here is the list of top sustainable pet food brands to choose from:
- Newman’s Own
- Castor & Pollux
- Open Farm Pet
- Only Natural Pet
- Lily’s Kitchen
- Tender & True
- Nature’s Logic
Keep your four-legged friend healthy with healthy and sustainable cat food that not only contributes to the good health of your cat but also to the health of Mother Nature.