“An apple a day keeps the doctor away”
All of us have heard this proverb, which strongly recommends including at least 1 apple in our breakfast, snacks, or even in between meals. Apples have multiple minerals and nutrients with zero fat in them. Apples are rich in antioxidants and fiber.
There are multiple types of apples available in the market to meet your nutrition needs. Green apples are called super food due to their nutritional values. Green apple health benefits are endless and doctors recommend having this super fruit in your diet every day.
Origin of Green Apple
Green apples are of green color and green apple nutrition value is different than red apples. Green apples have a really interesting origin story.
- For the first time, Maria Ann Smith had grown green apples in Australia back in 1868. Yes, green apples have been here for many years.
- As it was harvested by Maria Ann Smith, these apples are also referred to as Granny smith apples.
- The green apples are a hybrid variety of the Rome beauty and French Crab apple.
- This apple is called super fruit because of its nutritional value and health benefits. This is the reason now in multiple parts of the world; this hybrid apple variety is grown and exported.
- Green apples usually have the same nutrients as other apples, which include antioxidants like quercetin, chlorogenic acid, catechin, and phloridzin.
- The green apple’s health benefits are higher compared to other apple types because it has a lower amount of carbs and sugar, which bestow higher health benefits than other types of apples.
- The green apple nutrition profile also includes a higher amount of iron, fiber, vitamin K, and potassium.
- Green apple protein amount is higher, which meets the daily protein needs of the body. It works as a boon for vegetarians and vegans.
- Vitamin A is double in green apples compared to red apples.
- The only minus point in green apples compared to red apples is that it has a lower amount of antioxidants.
What Are the Major Health Benefits of Green Apples?
Green apples are crunchier and tastier per the taste of many people. Green apple protein has multiple other nutrients that make them healthier and more beneficial for human bodies. Let’s explore the top benefits of eating green apples every day.
1. Prevents Skin Cancer
- Vitamin A and vitamin C are known antioxidants that help in preventing skin cancers by restraining skin cells from drastic damage.
- Thus, green apple health benefits include the prevention of skin cancer.
2. Prevents Lung Cancer
- Green apple nutrition also helps in protecting the lungs from cancer.
- Thus, people with smoking or chewing habits must include green apples in their diet.
3. Improves Eyesight
- Green apples have a very high amount of vitamin A.
- Vitamin A is responsible to improve your vision and eyesight.
- You can also consume the juice of a green apple daily to boost your vision.
4. Control Your Fat and Lose Some Pounds
- Many people eat green apples because it really helps in the weight loss process.
- Green apples are a source of a high amount of fiber.
- Green apples also have low sugar and calories, which do not add up to your fat.
5. Boost Healthy Blood Circulation
- This is one of the best green apple health benefits whether you are trying to lose weight or not.
- These apples contain a good amount of vitamin K.
- That vitamin helps in enhancing your blood circulation to control blood pressure and also lead a healthy life.
6. It Prevents Type 2 Diabetes
- According to the results shared by one of the studies, green apples can also contribute to reducing the risk of type 2 diabetes.
7. Reduce the Risk of Alzheimer’s
- Alzheimer’s is an age-related disease that destroys your memory and makes it difficult to remember things.
- Green apple nutrition helps in reducing the risk of this mental disorder that is common with increasing age.
8. Prevent Chronic Inflammation
- Not only are green apples, but their peel also has health benefits.
- It has detoxifying elements that detoxify your body to give you a healthier life.
- Green apple health benefits also include boosting your immunity to prevent chronic inflammation and other diseases.
In a nutshell, green apples are not only amazing in taste, but also carry multiple health benefits. Adding one green apple a day can help you lead a healthier life.
Read Next Blog: